Sunday, October 25, 2009
Sunday, October 25. 2009 President Obama declares national emergency over swine flu pandemic, but why?
Now that the flu season is just about over, what is President Obama up to, one would ask?
According to CDC the flu season is just about over. Also the mandatory flu vaccine was not in the local hospitals, nor were the doctors surprised because nobody is supposed to get the 3 million doses of vaccine until the end of October. So why all this rush to enforce the Emergency Powers?
Allow me to explain what these powers give the government the right to do:
• The power to force mandatory swine flu vaccinations on the entire population.
• The power to arrest, quarantine or "involuntarily transport" anyone who refuses a swine flu vaccination.
• The power to quarantine an entire city and halt all travel in or out of that city.
• The power to enter any home or office without a search warrant and order the destruction of any belongings or structures deemed to be a threat to public health.
• The effective nullification of the Bill of Rights. Your right to due process, to being safe from government search and seizure, and to remain silent to avoid self-incrimination are all null and void under a Presidential declaration of a national emergency.
I don't clearly understand all of this as we have just come through the dangerous flu season and all is well and now we have the "Emergency Powers" to help us get through the rest of the year which doesn't look particularly dangerous to me nor to the doctors I have visited in the last 6 weeks.
If you ask me, I think something is afoot here and it may be more about Kool Ade than anything else. Mike Adams at JustGetThere.us has written a good article regarding this very subject. You can read his article on WHY President Obama may have signed the "Emergency Powers" measure so late in the season.